I finally got around to depotting some of my individual drugstore eyeshadows into this super cute pink barbie tin I found on clearance @ target!
|I first tried a method using rubbing alcohol to dissolve the glue holding the eyeshadow pans to the case.|
Peel away the barcode sticker on the back of the eyeshadow
& there's a tiny hole on the upper left side of the case.
I then easily broke the cover off the eyeshadow case
& used a baby booger sucker thingy (cleaned it first of course!) and dropped some rubbing alcohol into the little hole on the back
Let it sit for around 5 minutes to let the alcohol dissolve the glue
Wedge a razor in between the eyeshadow pan and the packaging
Tada! freed eyeshadow pan!
2nd method I tried was using a straightening iron to melt the glue ( strip of wax paper to protect the straightening iron!)
Place the eyeshadow on the hot curling iron for approximately 1-2 mins (not too long or the packaging itself will melt through)
It was a lot easier using the straightening iron method vs rubbing alcohol, so I used it for the rest of the shadows.
Here are all the revlon shadows I depotted
& this is what happens when I forget about them and leave them on too long O.O
Maybelline Shadows depotted
Luckily, I found this barbie & Ken tin box frame to make my DIY eyeshadow palette!
Of course it was on clearance :)
LOL I don't know what to do with the cards that came with it though haha
Bought magnetic tape from Michael's for $1
Tape it to the back of the shadows
& magnet sticks to the tin frame! yay my first depotting adventure! Its actually really addicting.